Weapons Offences Lawyer
Toronto Gun Charge Defense Lawyers
At Sabsay Lawyers, our experience and skill in defending individuals charged with weapons offences is recognized in the legal community. We have a long record of success with cases related to knives, guns and other objects used as weapons.
You can be arrested for the possession of certain types of weapons. You can also be arrested if you use or threaten to use a weapon or any other object that can be employed as a weapon to harm another person. If you throw a book or a pillow at someone with the intent of harming him or her, you can be charged with assault with a weapon.
Wide-Ranging Weapons-Related Offences
If arrested, please contact our Toronto law office to be represented by us in any weapons-related activity, including:
- An assault or causing bodily harm to another with the use of a weapon
- Possession of a concealed weapon
- Possession of an unregistered, restricted firearm, such as a handgun
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- A nunchaku
- A butterfly knife
- A switchblade
- Other knives that open by gravity, centrifugal force or by pressing a button
- Careless storage of a firearm or ammunition
- Careless use of a firearm
- Shooting at pigeons on your neighbour’s house
- Pointing a firearm at a person
Profound Consequences Of A Gun-Related Conviction
There are mandatory minimum sentences for those convicted of weapons offences. Other consequences may include a lifelong prohibition against owning firearms. These repercussions are especially damaging for hunters or anyone whose job requires them to carry a firearm.
Weapons offences can result in the disruption of your family. Bail restrictions typically include the exclusion of the defendants from their homes and family. The charging of weapons offences typically results in the seizure of all hunting or other firearms and the suspension and/or revocation of all firearms licences and firearms registration certificates.
Do Not Plead Guilty Before Consulting A Lawyer
Do not take a chance with your future. If you have been arrested on a weapons charge, please contact us for an initial consultation. You can also reach us by calling 416-361-9609.